Monday, October 15, 2007
It's Blog Action Day today!
Here are some questions to ponder, inspired by Blog Action Day: how environmentally friendly is your library? Do you...
- turn off lights and computers and printers when they are not needed, such as overnight?
- Donate discarded items for re-use?
- Recycle holdings lists, picking lists, all those other lists that accumulate in libraries?
- Have a recycling bin in the lunchroom?
- Have water-saving fittings in the bathrooms?
- Look for companies producing products that have the least environmental impact?
There's lots of tips on the web for making offices more environmentally friendly; have a look around and see if you can apply any of these strategies to your workplace. The InterALIA newsletter from September 2004 has a few tips specifically for libraries; so there might be a good place to start! :)
Comments: Post a Comment
Links to this post: