.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
 
One New Thing:Where to find fundraising ideas.

Some time ago I made the comment that for those of us on library committees – ALIA ones, or otherwise – it can be hard to come up with different events. I finally went and researched events, particularly fundraising events, right where I should have started – in the library! I found a book I got a few ideas from, although of course it wasn't a book about library events; it was actually aimed at sports clubs. So if you're looking for ideas for next year there is stuff out there, it just may not be where you expect it to be.

I'm still hoping to have the Library Olympics – shelf hurdling, trolley races, relay races with a book balanced on your head...

Comments:
Library Olympics - great idea! Although I'm surprised it took so long for someone to actually take up the challenge of holding the event, planned by me back in 2001 ...
Library Olympics.

The question is now, do I get a spotter's fee, or something?

Biblia, the Warrior Librarian
 
Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link