.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Thursday, March 03, 2005
 
One New Thing: Firefox security, and other browser musings.

Still hunting for clues on the right-clicking problem, I came across Three Flaws Surface For Firefox. The link-could-not-be-saved issue is the one I’m wondering about…and this article seems to be saying that this is a security feature. Odd, since some of the files I can’t save are very definitely .htm files (I know, because I made them). I’ve read in a few forums that you can open a .htm or .html file and right-click in it to save, but I’m not sure that will work for the other filetypes I’ve come across – must wait till I get to the PC with Firefox and Netscape on it. Strange to think how I now regularly go across using IE, Netscape, Firefox, Opera, Mozilla and Safari – in the library context, I can’t remember ever needing to know more than IE. Just out of interest, are there any libraries out there offering browsers other than IE on OPAC computers located in the library?

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link