.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
 
One New Thing: Plugging in drives.

I think I am almost getting to the point now where I would be willing to try opening my computer case and changing CD-ROM or floppy drives or adding RAM sticks on my own – I’ve watched someone else do it a few times, and it isn’t as mysterious as I always suspected it might be, having not seen the interior of a computer until I acquired one of my own a few years ago. You just have to know what plug to put where, and for the most part all the plugs are sized and shaped only to fit the bit that is supposed to plug into them. I think they are, anyway. It might be a good idea for me to start on old broken computers and work my way into still-functioning ones. :)

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link