.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Friday, November 19, 2004
 
One New Thing: Google Scholar.

Google releases a beta version of something all reference and systems librarians should keep an eye on. Google Scholar searches for articles from “scholarly” sources, including those from within subscription databases (although you will need to authenticate or pay in order to get hold of those ones – you can see the abstracts). The beta search seems to work well enough based on my brief experiments, I wish I was still doing reference so I could test it further! It could certainly has the possibility to make life interesting for companies producing link resolvers. One to watch! Read the Resourceshelf post about it, Big News: "Google Scholar" is Born.

I almost forgot it was Friday today – that’s a first! :) Take a look at what artist Chris Cobb did to a bookstore, now imagine it in your library!

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link