.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Wednesday, October 13, 2004
 
One New Thing: Why techie people argue against Internet Explorer.

As a librarian, I never felt the urge to use any browser bar IE – for the simple reason that everything I used was designed to work with it. It’s only now that my workday is filled with techie people and problems that I’m starting to see what a difference non-Microsoft browsers can make. For one thing, I’ve been sucked into Netscape because I need a tabbed browser. But also IE is more geared to have weird inexplicable problems occur with it, as I’ve discovered in trying to work out why some computers can’t access hyperlinks on https pages…when using IE (other browsers work fine). Just look at the list of some reasons why Internet Explorer Cannot Connect to Secure Sites!

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link