.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Monday, October 18, 2004
 
One New Thing: Some librarian things, and some Adobe things.

The Adobe things were because of a vendor session I went to at work – I mostly use Acrobat and Photoshop, and there were lots of tricks I saw today that I would never have found myself. Have a look at some of them on Russell Brown’s homepage. (Go to What's New then to More Tips.)

Next: the librarian things. Listening to some people talking about ALIA 2004, a) I am jealous since I didn’t get to go to any sessions but b) am very glad that we have the internet on which to put conference papers. Those recommended by the small group of people I was listening to today were the ones by Pamela Leuzinger, Eric Wainwright, and Sue Hutley. (These are PDFs.)
Sounds like it might have been fun to be a fly on the wall in some of the sessions as well! It’s always great to have people coming back from conferences and telling you about the people they meet from all around Australia as well: you never realise how different libraries can be until you dump all their staff into a room together. ;)

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link