.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Monday, August 02, 2004
 
One New Thing: Thoughts about learning new things.

Some aspects of the role I am currently working in make me feel like I’m back in high school – people log support calls, I look at them and simply can’t work out what is going on even after I’ve had it explained to me. I’m pretty sure it’s not because I’m particularly slow or anything, it’s just stuff that’s hard to fathom. So after several explanations, we moved on to drawing diagrams to work out what was going on. Now I know why every office needs a whiteboard! More to the point, I’m also working out what ways work best for me to learn new things. This, I think, is important knowledge to have.

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link