.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Monday, June 07, 2004
 
One New Thing: Staying in practise for reference queries.

Let’s just say that after a painful 45mins of searching blindly for something I’m not even sure exists, I’ll be looking tomorrow for something to read on carrying out legal research. My background is in the humanities, and obviously the gaps in my business and law knowledge are going to catch up with me sooner rather than later! (Luckily I do have more knowledgeable colleagues to refer these things onto.)

I had a thought today, based on this experience: since we have a Library Link of the Day to point us to useful things to read, how about a Library Reference Question of the Day for those of us who want to keep in practise by answering a range of reference questions for our own personal amusement? I tend to get the same questions over and over, rather than way out ones, which we all know are much more fun. :)

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link