.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Friday, June 04, 2004
 
One New Thing: The purpose of a Purple Number.

These little purple numbers have gotten a bit of publicity in the past week or so I have noticed, enough times for me to take notice. ;) A Purple Number, for the uninitiated, is a little anchor number (it’s purple) that sits alongside each paragraph on a page of HTML text, thus making each paragraph on your webpage directly addressable. There’s a nice little commentary about Purple at ongoing. Most people will point you towards this page, An Introduction to Purple to get a feel for Purple: I however am quite taken by a link I found last week, PurpleSlurple. It’s easy to stick in any URL and see what it would look like Purple…plus, what a fantastic name! I can’t resist the word “slurple”. :)

For a Friday link, you could look at The Evolution of a Programmer. Then, if you know more about programming than me, you could explain what’s actually going on in the middle bit of the joke? I get each end… ;)

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link