.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Friday, June 11, 2004
 
One New Thing: Language, sound and phonetics sources.

Coming across a cute site the other day, I was inspired to go hunting to see what sorts of resources are going online that can help with language learning, phonetics etc. There’s a whole directory for Phonetics and Phonology (Google) which links to some interesting projects…I’ve just been playing with Fonetiks, which helps with the pronunciation of sounds in various languages. (Not all sounds in all languages are available yet.)

And the cute site I came across – well, it’s a good way to end your Friday! The Quack-Project is a collection of sounds that animals make in a variety of languages, or rather, that the children making these sounds for us understand that these animals make. :)

It’s a long weekend for me, so I’ll be back Tuesday next week!

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link