.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Tuesday, May 11, 2004
 
One New Thing: The importance of checking with the right people.

I’ve only just found the story that was Library Link of the Day a few weeks ago, on how AOL is being sued for not getting legal advice on whether a warrant was valid before releasing customer information. Since this particular event occurred in the U.S. I’d love to know more about how this could apply in an Australian context – not, fortunately, that I would be the decisionmaker if anything happened in my library, but as we all know, I just like learning stuff. ;) If you weren’t in a large organisation which had legal people for these sorts of things, who would you go to if asked to provide customer details to someone with a warrant??

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link