.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Tuesday, April 06, 2004
 
One New Thing: Reflections on usability

I found out today that Google is making a foray into webmail I’m not sure how much I want to make my email “universally accessible and useful” (check the About page) but I admit I was excited when I read the blurb. Not because I need any more email addresses (although 1 gig of storage is going to attract some attention) but because I can imagine Google email
will have fantastic search capabilities. Because if there’s one thing Google has down pat, it’s usability and user friendliness. I can’t think of a lot of other email programs I’ve used that have had search capabilities anywhere near as efficient as Google can be.

So will Google email even require the creation of mail folders? (Maybe they’ll source folder categories from the Open Directory Project categories?) :)

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link