.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Thursday, April 01, 2004
 
One New Thing: I think like a librarian!

Just strange sometimes to realise the little things I think about doing differently that people who are perfectly capable otherwise seem to miss. Like combining subject heading searches with keyword searches or fulltext article searches. Simple stuff that people are so excited to find works for them.

And come to think of it, the questions in the past I’ve had to ask more experienced librarians to help me with have usually resulted in going one step beyond what I have done already: little and simple things like combining your subject heading search with a word or phrase in the title rather than the citation to retrieve a more simply-worded, explanatory article, instead of an indepth complex one.

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link