.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Tuesday, March 30, 2004
 
One New Thing: Persistence can pay off!

Journal article text isn’t in the database I was led to believe it was, but since I had the time and inclination I checked the amazing lifesaving JAKE and discovered another database we had access to that ended up having the required article in fulltext. Score!! :)

Quite honestly, normally if I didn’t have any indication that we had something in fulltext in a database I would leave it at that and not attempt to look for it in other databases just on the offchance (unless the patron looked really disappointed!). I guess it’s not always going to be an effective use of my time, but if the time is there and it will help the patron…

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link