.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Tuesday, March 09, 2004
 
One New Thing: Almost how to make a PDF file.

I say almost because I don’t actually have the Acrobat Distiller program yet, but at least my exploration into the mysteries of PDF files taught me a bit about the whole confusing process of needing print drivers and making PostScript files.

PostScript format for documents apparently used to be quite common but has now been succeeded by PDF format (I never ran across *.ps files until about a year ago personally). And I guess the fact that PDF, like PostScript, is a stack-based language is why PDFs occasionally print a Stack error?

I ran across a page today that outlines steps for making a PDF file using GhostView and GhostScript rather than Distiller, but I don’t think I’ll experiment with it just yet…

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link