.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Monday, February 09, 2004
 
One New Thing: Office tricks

I went to look at the Office 2003/XP Add-in, which allows you to remove the collaboration information from Office documents. Great that a tool exists; disturbing that data you might want to be confidential can be hiding where you can’t see (or think about) it. Almost as disturbing as the time I forgot a password for a Word doc, and discovered that passwords can be pretty easy to retrieve anyhow. :o

While I was there I noticed a link to Microsoft Skills Assessment, which sounded pretty useful; but turns out to be a series of questionnaires you can take to determine that you don’t know very much. (At least that’s how it worked for me!)

(By the way, if you ever wonder why I learn about particular services or products and not others, chances are I support them at work. Like Microsoft products, which I realise aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.)

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link