.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Friday, February 20, 2004
 
One New Thing: Networking (with people, not computers) is not just useful for jobhunting; it's one of those activities that can help you see your role from many different perspectives.

Strictly speaking I already knew this, but I am reminded every time I go to a profession-related event. Hope I don't sound like I'm preaching, but any librarian who doesn't ever meet up with librarians and just hang out should go and do so immediately. I'm proud to say I know more people who are librarians than people in any other profession, and I do find it fun to meet up with them and talk about the day-to-day running of their library, or whatever else it may be. (And isn't it great that you can just walk up to someone at random, say hi, and know you'll have something in common to talk about?)

In that vein today's Friday link is not really humorous at all, it's more...well, I find it sort of inspiring. Someone brought it up on a mailing list when the discussion was the wearing of nametags, and I think it ties in nicely with the networking theme. Go check out the interesting Hello, my name is Scott.

P.S. Sharp-eyed readers might have noticed the posts appearing later and later each day - sorry about that. Work is hectic right now so I don't post till I get home. Later and later each day. ;)

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link