.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Monday, February 02, 2004
 
One New Thing: Information on the free-for-all (that is, Open Access).

I noticed this morning that on Peter Suber’s blog he mentioned the list he has of information related to Open Access.
It caught my eye because I didn’t realise there were editors out there willing to resign in protest over increases in subscription costs etc. that would make the journal less accessible. There’s a heap of other interesting snippets about Open Access issues on the page too, and some suggestions on what libraries can do to aid the cause. Like recommending journals from the Directory of Open Access Journals which I also didn’t know about. (Looks like my library already links to some of these journals, too; I guess the biggest issue with these could be cataloguing costs!)

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link