.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
One New Thing
Friday, February 27, 2004
 
One New Thing: From way off in left field: Crash course in selling stuff via EFTPOS.

Not that I ever do it in my current job, but I guess you never know where you might end up in the future, processing fine payments or some such thing. Every little thing you can find to learn will help: it’s always good to be prepared about photocopiers, printers, binding machines, guillotines, fax machines, microfilm machines, card validators, TV / VCR / DVD / CD / VCD….and the list goes on, because if there’s one in your library somebody someday will expect you to know how to make it go!

And the Friday link: This page has been around for a while, but I still think it’s one of the funniest pages of reference queries I’ve seen. It’s called Actual Librarian Stories.

Comments: Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link